- Back to PsiberDreaming Home
- How PsiberDreaming Online Conference Works
- DreamArt Gallery
- Presenters Bios and Abstracts
- PsiberDreaming Calendar / Schedule
Contests & Special Events
How the IASD PsiberDreaming Conference Works
If you are new to IASD, the online PsiberDreaming Conference may seem a mystery. As conference attendees often declare, “This is the only conference I could ever attend in my pajamas!”
Through the magic of Internet technology, IASD is able to draw together presenters, facilitators and participants from all around the world. The bulletin board format used for the conference is easy to manage, since its much like writing e-mail, though the entire discussion is on view. NOTE: This is not a video conference. The conference is held in English, but because attendees speak many languages, we offer the conference presentations and events in written format, so that people can read at their leisure and respond when they want.
For the conference, special login and password information is given to participants so that the conference forum remains inaccessible to the general public. Papers and workshops are linked in pdf files to the discussion board, where information can be read at leisure.
PsiberDreaming Conference presenters agree to be available for discussion for two days after their presentations go online (though many presenters stay for the entire conference). Participants can ask questions and make comments. The conference bulletin board remains open to participants on a read-only basis for two weeks after the close of the conference
The real key to online conferencing is the participants themselves, who share their questions, dreams and experiences, and often forge friendships across the miles.
Features of the PsiberDreaming Conference include:
- Online Presentations, provocative papers and workshops on popular and cutting edge topics, such as: remote viewing, precognition, dream telepathy, mutual dreaming, psychokenesis, lucid dreaming, visionary dreaming, prodromal dreams, dream healing, the nature of dream reality, and dreaming as a spiritual practice. Workshops will provide resource lists for those who wish to explore topics in greater depth, and practical instructions for techniques or experiments detailed enough so that conference participants can try them out at home.
- Dedicated PsiberDreaming Discussion Boards where participants can discuss each paper and workshop in depth with authors and other participants, and can post specific questions, etc. Links to relevant threads would appear conveniently at the end of each posted presentation, updated daily to show new threads of interest.
- Numerous PsiberDreaming Events like games and contests,where participants can test their skills and explore different facets of paranormal dreaming, including dream telepathy and mutual dreaming. Judges will evaluate how well dreamers tune into the designated targets, or how well dreamers perform a specific dream task. The conference also offers the popular Outer Inn where participants can reserve a room or drop by for a (imagination only) meal or drink; A Place for Dreams to record dreams that come up during the conference; and The Book Corner, where people can discuss their favorite dream books.
- A PsiberDreaming Art Gallery: The PsiberDreaming Art Gallery consists of international dreamers who have creatively connected to their dream images through the process of art making. Unlike other galleries, this particular gallery is open to anyone who has artistically connected with their dreams. Participants can display their own dream art (with accompanying dream text or dream poetry), sharing them with other participants. You need not be a professional artist to participate. Links to the previous years Art Gallery will be available for all to enjoy.